Monday, May 2, 2011

Mod 6 Blog

Blog Link

The above link is what I commented on. It's called "Think Before You Post", By Steve Katz.

This revolves around the issue of suspending a teacher in PA because she blogged negative comments about the school that she taught in and her students even though she never mentioned where she taught or any student names. I found this to be interesting because this is what we are learning about in this class, blogging as teachers and sharing ideas. We need to learn to know when we take things to far. In my opinion though, I do not think the teacher should have been fired because noone was named in this incident. But I would advise teachers to be careful before talking negativly about their school and students like that.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

That is a good cautionary tale!